Lovely London - Rich in history


Hiya love!
Hi there!


My 2nd daughter, Sarah, went to graduate school at the University of London and completed a Masters in Anthropology and Political Science.   I went to visit her for her graduation.  I had never been to the UK even though I had lived in Germany for 3 years with the military.  It was just too expensive to cross the channel back then.  So I was excited about this trip. I love traveling where they speak a different language so it was interesting to see how it would be where they simply spoke a different version of English.  What fun!  There were times I didn't even understand what others were saying and my daughter would "translate" for me!  

The thing I loved most about London was all the history.  I found myself immersed with the stories behind everything.  Each night I would read about where I had been and where I was going.  Such a rich history, both beautiful and disturbing. Most of the museums in London are free, so it is a great way to explore without busting your budget.  One of my favorite places was the National Gallery.  Wandering through the endless halls of paintings, each with a story that captured a moment of time, was a deeply moving experience that touched my soul.  I'll be visiting my daughter again this summer and look forward to exploring this place again along with the many stories from England's past.



  




To learn more about the National Gallery, visit:  http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/

To learn more about all the free things to do in London, visit:  http://www.lonelyplanet.com/england/london/travel-tips-and-articles/76482  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learn a Language

Spectacular Spain - Teacher Travel